Paisley Sweetheart

Friday, November 23, 2012

Hello Black Friday!

Well, it was really more like 9:00 pm on Thursday.  After a wonderful day at Fire Jack’s station, I found myself hanging out on the couch browsing the massive amounts of Black Friday ads.  Nothing was really jumping out at me.  I wasn’t interested in any of the electronics deals, so just found myself mindlessly turning pages.  Until I came across the Walmart ad…
Okay, I am a Lego junkie.  Love, love, love trying to find ways to use the bricks in the classroom.  The only downfall is I do not have very many basic bricks for the whole class.  So our projects are limited to like 15-20 bricks per student.  As I am turning through the Walmart Black Friday ad, I came across the toy section.  The 650 piece Lego Creative Building Kit for only $15!!! 
Lego_Kit
Holy moly! Do my eyes deceive?? Surely this is just an example of items in the store or a joke…. I quickly, and I mean quickly, grabbed the laptop and pulled up the Walmart site.  It was not a mistake!  There it was online, the same ad!  You are maybe wondering why this is such a shocker… This kit is normally priced at $49.99!!  Had credit card in hand ready to purchase!
Here is the kicker… it is was in store item only.  OH NO!!  I was going to have to brave Walmart on Black Friday!!  I was just devastated!!  But never wanting to back down from a shopping challenge, I was going to go…
I called Fire Jack to let him know I was off.  He thought I was crazy insane… I bribed Reido Speedo to go with me.  I figured I would need a support system as I maneuvered through Walmart.  We jumped in the hybrid and made our way.  While driving, I warned Reido about the craziness he was about to partake in.  I think this was more for me to mentally prepare… ha!
I turned the hybrid onto the street with the Walmart.  Boyhowdy!!  This trip was not going to disappoint!  I have NEVER seen so many cars in one spot for a single store!!  Cars and people were EVERYWHERE!  We hadn’t even pulled into the Walmart parking lot yet!  What was I thinking???  Deep breathes,,, breathe…. I was going to make it!  I would not fail in the quest for Legos…
We turned into the parking lot and decided to hook a left to go towards the car shop.  I figured my chances were better to get parking.  Low and behold… a car was pulling out!!  I was just tickled!  The nice parking lot man saw me waiting and waived other cars on…  okay, parking 150% successful!  To the inside of the store we go…
Oh my word!!!!  People EVERYWHERE!!!!!  Lines EVERYWHERE!!!!!  I had never seen such a display of shoppers except on the news during crazy stories of Black Friday!  We were living it!  I kept telling myself to stay focused…
After winding through the store, and people and cars and whatever was in our way, there they were….. The shopping angels began to sing as we came up to the super deal!  AHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Grabbed one for me and one for Reido Speedo (remember I bribed him)…  Now the hard part….. checking out!
Well, since we only had 2 items, express lane we went.  To top it off, there was only 1 person ahead of us…once again, just tickled…
That’s right folks, in and out of Walmart in less than 30 minutes on Black Friday!!  Put that in the Guinness!  Absolute success!  Go me!
Happy Holiday!
AllisonSignature

No comments:

Post a Comment